2K Games and Firaxis have announced that the next title in the Civ series, Civilization: Beyond Earth will release on October 24th 2014. Another big release in October and dropping along side The Evil Within and Battlefield: Hardline.
Firaxis also announced that preorders will gain access to a special Exoplanet Map Pack DLC containing six custom maps inspired by real exoplanets.
The map pack includes:
• Kepler 186f - This lush forest planet is one of the oldest known Earth-like planets;
• Rigil Khantoris Bb - Orbiting the closest star to our solar system, the historical records of this arid continental planet’s settlement are well-preserved;
• Tau Ceti d - This planet of seas and archipelagos features a booming biodiversity and a wealth of resources;
• Mu Arae f - Tidally locked in orbit around a weak star, the southern hemisphere of this planet is a blistering desert where the sun never sets, while the northern hemisphere is perpetually in frozen darkness;
• 82 Eridani e – An alien world of scarce water and wracked by tectonic forces;
• Eta Vulpeculae b – A mysterious new discovery with unknown terrain.
A new 8 minute gameplay walkthrough has also been released.
Steam preorders will be available closer to launch.